View Single Post
Old
08-14-2013, 07:19 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
Well, I've not been here for a while but here's my status update.

After a bad season, the captain of our losing team decided to shake things up a bit. I got moved back to D, paired with my husband. I've always played LW (sometimes RW) as that seems to be the least dangerous place for me to be - I don't really do much there, but can't really hurt anything either. I had no clue really what to do my first game, but after a couple of shots at it I started to feel more comfortable. We actually had a really good game on Sunday. the team that went undefeated all season ended up getting shut out in both games they played for the round robin. You could tell they were really frustrated.

Our first game was great, I actually caught a shot on my stick in front of the crease. I was shocked that it landed there. But I think the best moment was when one of the best players on the other team was coming into the zone and right as he crossed the blue line, I snagged the puck from him. I'm pretty sure I heard an expletive or two after that one.

But then my husband's skate broke - the blade just snapped in half. He ended up having to use a pair of rental skates for the final game, which made us much less effective. He couldn't turn or stop, so he just ended up kind of coasting around out there. Bummer, it would have been fun to be able to play with him at 100%.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote