View Single Post
Old
08-14-2013, 09:13 AM
JTforPres2012

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan73 View Post
Hey Islander fans!

I will be in NYC for New Years and figured it'd be a great time to catch an Islanders game since I have never been to one, so I am going to the Chicago game on 1/2/13. I have run into a bit of a traveling problem though. I will be staying with my GF at Columbia University. I have figured out that a cab is about a $200 round trip fare. And public transportation would be about a 4 hour round trip. I also looked into taking the subway as far as possible then catching the cab. It would still be about $80 round trip and still would take quite a long time.

Does anyone have any ideas? I was even thinking about renting my own car for the day if I could find a place that would let me return it at midnight or so in Manhattan.

Also, I am going to try to make a Devils game too so if anyone has suggestions for that one too it would be much appreciated.

Thanks! Good luck this season.
If you want to go to Jersey, taking the train is easy and definitely the cheapest way to go. If you want to go to Coli, I'd say just take the LIRR to Westbury and call for a cab from there. That's really the cheapest and easiest way to go, as unfortunately there is no LIRR stop directly by the Coli.

The trip would be at most an hour each way...definitely the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to go. Hope this helps.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote