View Single Post
Old
08-14-2013, 10:21 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
He could be, but how often do you see that happen? And the same comments I made before apply. If the Oilers are doing well and he is contributing then my guess is that they would not move him. If he is playing poorly or hurt there is no market. So you really need the team to be pretty much giving up on the season and Hemsky be playing well to move him at Christmas for anything more than a bag of pucks.

The teams best opportunity to get something for him has past. If some team suffers a significant injury to a top 6 winger in the preseason, or if they really feel they need Hemsky's skills you might get another shot. But don't expect much in return since you are selling at a fraction on the dollar.
It happens every year.

Why does Hemsky have to be either playing poorly or very well?You are making it sound like it's either one or the other.

Why can't it be he's playing decent, but we don't need him and have holes else where?

I also question why Hemsky's value is so much less than the past few years. The guy has the same question marks as he did before. The only thing that would really hurt is if we find out that the cap is going down for 14-15. He's been fraction on the dollar since 08-09.