Old
08-14-2013, 11:08 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak City View Post

For the first time in a while, we have a top six entirely full of top six players - no rookies this year, no "well maybe he can play 2nd line...", no "well he's effective when he's not injured".
Seriously. When was the last time that all of our top six forwards were legit top six forwards? I'll argue that we didn't have 6 top six forwards when we went to the finals last time around.

Our blueline has to be better. Whitney was one of the worst skaters in the NHL last year. When the puck went into the corners he probably had a 25% chance to retrieve it. His turns were so god awful that I can't even think of an analogy to describe it.

Ference will be so much better than Nick Schultz on the second pairing and Belov and Nick Scultz will be way better than the crap we were running with on the third pairing last year. Never liked Corey Potter and Fistric didn't seem effective in enough areas of hockey to be able to last.

The only thing I'm worried about is our depth at center. Not convinced our 4th line center is going to be worth his weight in pucks this year. Other than that, we've got a pretty good looking roster.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote