View Single Post
Old
08-14-2013, 02:45 PM
jml87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I'm not saying they couldn't do a better job, but I mean the Phillies aren't the only team who goes through this. There are tons of guys every year who have really good stuff and for one reason or another just never figure it out.
Yeah sure, but you see a team like the Braves who almost always have prime pitching and you think what are they do differently. And I don't know that much about other organizations but I still think the Phillies are really bad at this. Looking through our system, I can't see one pitcher that doesn't have control issues. In fact, just look at the entire pitching staff of the lehigh ironpigs over the past year. You can go down to Reading, too.

Biddle, Martin, Friend, DeFratus, Diekman, Aumont, Ramirez, Colvin, etc., these are all goes with great stuff but bad to decent command. Out of all those young guys in that bullpen, none of them can consistently throw strikes. The bullpen averages 4.22 walks per nine innings, worst in the majors. This seems like a big issue for me, that no matter who you bring up, they will walk guys. Someone needs to figure out what's going on.