View Single Post
Old
08-14-2013, 03:22 PM
canadiancreed
Exiled from paradise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Thats exactly my argument. No way they average 25k a year. I think 20k is pushing it. I would settle at 15k.
And what do you base your hypothesis on? Because the factors of new team, convenient location(at least downtown was when I was there last; best train/subway system in Canada that I've used), new stadium, quality team personnel (if it is the Rays moving there that is), and 80% of your most played against opposition is about three hours travel time from their airport to ballpark. All strong forces against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Sure you mention a lot of things that could put them into the green for profits, but with a new stadium needing to be built, I don't want that to be on the shoulders of the tax payers. Profiting 10-15 million a season (if even that) when you want to finance a 500 million $ stadium, that's a long time to break even.
Well first I'm in your boat about no public funding. That ship sailed back with the Nordiques, and with the way things are in Quebec, isn't coming back for a LONG time. But hey, more profit for the owner with additional venues being scheduled with concerts et al. Maybe have the Alouettes move in for additional revenue (and they get a bigger stadium), or get one of the 50 Winter Classics come on in.

As for stadium cost, could you explain how this park...

Labatt Park

would inflate in costs by over 150% in a decade and a half? I'm fairly certain construction costs and land value in the area that a stadium would be looked at have not increased by that much in Montreal (and if they have, please cite sources)