Old
08-14-2013, 06:27 PM
3rdlineglory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
WHAT!
No c'mon now.

There is no way by any realistic measurement you can say Torts was a positive factor who would have helped us get this guy, or any other prospect/player besides Brad Richards, and conversely, based on the obvious way he berated guys, including rookies, you can make the argument he actively hurt our cause.

Water under the bridge now, and I assume when Trxjw said home, he meant family roots, etc and not just a residence that could easily be bought and replaced. THAT is the dominant factor, apparently. But if that were not so, and if he were open to offers, that could mean that no JT would be an improved atmosphere in NY for JS to consider, along with everything else that comes with the territory.

You can't imagine how pleased I am Torts is buh-bye,
Barring injury, possibly favorite Torts whipping boy Kreider is gonna do well and I will enjoy underscoring that for those posters here who wanted to give me a hard time about it.
I'm not sure any NHL coach would give more minutes to a player that hasn't proven anything at the NHL level than any of Staal, McD, Girardi, MDZ, and Stralman. People keep criticizing Torts for pushing the young players, but that was actually one of his best traits. My issues with Torts reside in other areas.