View Single Post
Old
08-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
About 5% of you here knew anything about Gallagher, and there was maybe 15 of us loving this pick around here, so nice try. Last year was a surprise for even a Gallagher fan like me, I never expected that.

There was zero threads about Gallagher being the next 'great' young player, more people questioned the pick than applauded it. So if BG is the only player you can think of, I think I proved my point. There have been threads from players like Leblanc to Duncan Milroy, to the great Josef Balej. Seems like yesterday posters here were saying Cory Urquhart and Christopher Heino-Lindberg were the absolute steals of the 2003 draft.

Ben Maxwell was our diamond in the rough at one point, Nattinen was going to solve our problems at center and Morgan Ellis was a 'sure thing'.

So forgive me for taking a 'wait and see' attitude on our budding superstars in the juniors, but I've seen this routine for too long to get excited just yet.
1) Gotta love how you ignore the other names mentionned above your post like Kostitsyn, Halak, Grabovski.
2) Ellis only has 1 pro season under his belt so a bit early to throw in the towel for him.
3) Your Gallagher comment is complete BS, aside from the ignorant ''moar size'' crowd most people were pleased by the pick. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ndan+gallagher
4) Obviously people didn't expect him to have the impact he had this season but they certainly expected him to become an NHLer at one point, especially considering the fact that he was the last player to be cut at our camp in 2011-2012.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote