View Single Post
Old
08-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Sheeshta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I don't see what Perron has to do with Horcoff and i don't see what trading Horcoff has to do with the 4th line.
Gordon replaced Horcoff which is a lateral move, maybe better because i think he fits this team better than Horcoff does and Perron is an upgrade on Paajarvi. Arcobello/Acton/Smyth would be here even if Horcoff was retained with the only difference being that Horcoff would still be captain (Ugh).
What Perron has to do with Horcoff is in the context of my post. I think gaining Perron is a net positive, and losing Horcoff is a net loss, and I think those moves thus off-set each other, leaving us with a forward corps that will be, especially with RNH either gimped or on the shelf for the first month of the season, either the same or worse than it was last year.

Sure, Joensuu, Arcobello, Acton and Hamilton could all manage to somehow massively improve our bottom six. I could also win the lottery. Expecting non-NHL players (either rookies or KHL/Euro league guys) to step in and be quality is exactly the kind of happy optimism that had people excited about Hartikainen and Petrell.

I agree that Horcoff had to be dealt, absolutely. But I also know that the team got worse when he was dealt.

The good thing about sports is that there will eventually be a record to show who was right & who wasn't!

Sheeshta is offline   Reply With Quote