View Single Post
Old
08-15-2013, 09:03 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheeshta View Post
What Perron has to do with Horcoff is in the context of my post. I think gaining Perron is a net positive, and losing Horcoff is a net loss, and I think those moves thus off-set each other, leaving us with a forward corps that will be, especially with RNH either gimped or on the shelf for the first month of the season, either the same or worse than it was last year.

Sure, Joensuu, Arcobello, Acton and Hamilton could all manage to somehow massively improve our bottom six. I could also win the lottery. Expecting non-NHL players (either rookies or KHL/Euro league guys) to step in and be quality is exactly the kind of happy optimism that had people excited about Hartikainen and Petrell.
Again, i disagree....

Perron > Paajarvi
Horcoff = Gordon IMO

It seems that you're implying that the difference between Horcoff and Gordon is greater than the difference between Perron and Paajarvi. I couldn't disagree more but I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.

Also, i never said that i was happy with the bottom 6 and in particular those 4th line/AHL tweeners, i think it's atrocious beyond Gordon, perhaps Jones and i guess Hemsky if one considers him a legit 3rd liner but it was also atrocious last season too so i don't think it necessarily got worse.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote