08-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Sheeshta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Again, i disagree....

Perron > Paajarvi
Horcoff = Gordon IMO

It seems that you're implying that the difference between Horcoff and Gordon is greater than the difference between Perron and Paajarvi. I couldn't disagree more but I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.

Also, i never said that i was happy with the bottom 6 and in particular those 4th line/AHL tweeners, i think it's atrocious beyond Gordon, perhaps Jones and i guess Hemsky if one considers him a legit 3rd liner but it was also atrocious last season too so i don't think it necessarily got worse.
I've said it twice: I think the difference between Horcoff and Gordon (net loss) and between Perron and Paajarvi (net improvement) is about the same. I think the bottom six will be as bad this year as it was last year. If RNH didn't have surgery, I'd say the forward corps would be no worse or better this year than last.

However, he did have surgery, he will likely be messed up/not in the line up for October. We will be playing, most likely, nine out of our first 14 games on the road with a centre depth of Gagner, Arcobello, Gordon and Lander. By December they're going to be in a hole they couldn't dig themselves out of with a back hoe.

All of that said, while I never think replacing one rookie with another rookie makes your team all that much better, Eakins will have a really really hard time being worse than Krueger was, so who knows. There almost has to be some improvement there.

Sheeshta is offline   Reply With Quote