Thread: Speculation: Lundqvist to be best paid player?
View Single Post
Old
08-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Whats proven to win championships in the post-lockout era is elite homegrown talent. If you're going to frame the argument as "you dont need an elite goaltender to win a Stanley Cup," then you are missing the point.

Your beef shouldnt be with paying Lundqvist, the one elite player Sather has stumbled upon in his 13 years, your beef should be with the fact Sather hasn't procured anybody else to help him.
While I don't disagree with any of your statements, the point remains that elite goaltending has not led to a Stanley Cup in the salary cap era.

As I said, Sather has left us no choice. We're going to overpay Hank for eight years because we have no other options. If you haven't seen my posts ridiculing Sather's GM acumen, you have not been paying attention.

We've accomplished little in eight years with Hank in goal...not blaming Hank, but the whole plan (or the different plan year to year) is not working. But I guess we're sticking with the plan...eight more years of moaning about Hank being great but not having enough support.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote