Thread: Speculation: Lundqvist to be best paid player?
View Single Post
Old
08-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
While I don't disagree with any of your statements, the point remains that elite goaltending has not led to a Stanley Cup in the salary cap era.

As I said, Sather has left us no choice. We're going to overpay Hank for eight years because we have no other options. If you haven't seen my posts ridiculing Sather's GM acumen, you have not been paying attention.

We've accomplished little in eight years with Hank in goal...not blaming Hank, but the whole plan (or the different plan year to year) is not working. But I guess we're sticking with the plan...eight more years of moaning about Hank being great but not having enough support.
You are insinuating here that letting our best player, by far, walk is somehow going to put the team on the right path. When, in all likelihood, it will just lead to more of the same crap roster building without the team's best player in decades.

Unless Gorton is officially named GM, and the Rangers plan is to tear it all down (which it wont be), I don't understand this line of thinking.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote