View Single Post
Old
08-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sedins0Cups View Post
I'm leaning towards Yak maybe not being there, but then look back at how Russia views their really high draft picks. Kovalchuk's rookie NHL season, played on the Olympic team. Both Ovechkin and Malkin played on the Olympic teams in their NHL rookie seasons as well, although they had an extra year because of the lockout I think. If Yak has a good start to the season, for some reason I think Russia may put him on the team. They love their high end talent. I'd hate to think he'd be treated any differently because of which part of the country he comes from or for any other reason.
very different coaching system now. Bilyaletdinov has the final word in naming the roster, not the GM, not Tretiak, only the boss himself. from my knowledge of his style i assume that he won't be counting on Nail if he has enough more familiar players. Yak has to absolutely crash and burn prime Ovechkin style from the very start to have a chance to displace any usual suspect for the Top-6, and i find this unlikely. chances are really scarce, but everything is in his own hands. if he REALLY shows that he can make a case for himself, he won't be overlooked, but he ought to absolutely impress.

Comrade Blunderbore is offline   Reply With Quote