View Single Post
Old
08-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Aerchon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheeshta View Post
I've said it twice: I think the difference between Horcoff and Gordon (net loss) and between Perron and Paajarvi (net improvement) is about the same. I think the bottom six will be as bad this year as it was last year. If RNH didn't have surgery, I'd say the forward corps would be no worse or better this year than last.

However, he did have surgery, he will likely be messed up/not in the line up for October. We will be playing, most likely, nine out of our first 14 games on the road with a centre depth of Gagner, Arcobello, Gordon and Lander. By December they're going to be in a hole they couldn't dig themselves out of with a back hoe.

All of that said, while I never think replacing one rookie with another rookie makes your team all that much better, Eakins will have a really really hard time being worse than Krueger was, so who knows. There almost has to be some improvement there.
I read stuff like "Horcoff and Gordon (net loss) and I want to throw up.

Horcoff played ok last year for a third line center at the rediculis price of 5.5 mill.
Year before played ok for a fourth line center.
Years before that played like the worst player in the league... at times lead the league in minus.
Had one really good year.

Gordon, at a much cheaper price, is better in every conceivable way except on the PP. I am sure we can find someone to replace Horcoff on the PP without too much trouble.

Also: Eakins is the main factor of success for this team. We will rise and fall with his systems and coaching.

Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote