View Single Post
08-15-2013, 12:38 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
I'm not sure any NHL coach would give more minutes to a player that hasn't proven anything at the NHL level than any of Staal, McD, Girardi, MDZ, and Stralman. People keep criticizing Torts for pushing the young players, but that was actually one of his best traits. My issues with Torts reside in other areas.
If it is the difference between getting him at all or not, you make an exception and provide a guarantee. If the player survives baptism under fire, which was more less the case w/JSchultz, great; if not, you tell the player, who is under contract to you, ok, you've tried, you still got the talent, you need some insight to the NHL game; let us give it to you so we can fast track you back as soon as your up to speed. Since the inexperienced player doesn't wanna be embarrassed or amass bad stats, he does it.

Also there is a difference between "pushing" and berating, which we KNOW Torts did to certain players. Repeatedly.

Good riddance, JT, kiss my --- what was it Bender said, my shiny metal .... aw, never mind.