Old
08-15-2013, 01:32 PM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
If we had Horcoff could we afford Ference?
I think trading him allowed us to have the cap space for both him AND Perron. So it was an excellent trade.

Another thing. I think the addition of Ference is being overlooked. He may be a bit short, but he's strong and feisty as hell, and sees the defensive zone extremely well. Better than any other defenseman on the team. That's going to improve the goals against, I can only logically assume.

The biggest question is down the middle. I really like the wingers. I think the defense will be above average in the league. Dubnyk isn't elite, but he's proved he's a number one guy, even if he does let in the odd stinker. But it's funny how people forget that so does every other goalie. Maybe he gives up a few more over a season than most number one goalies, but that shouldn't be a make or break issue.

With all centres healthy, RNH-Gagner-Gordon-Lander is a pretty strong unit. But what about injuries? RNH will probably miss the start of the season. If Gagner gets hurt while RNH is still recovering it's going to get ugly. Not sold on Lander or Arco playing big minutes, so this is a risky way to go forward. That's my biggest concern.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote