Thread: Speculation: Lundqvist to be best paid player?
View Single Post
Old
08-15-2013, 01:54 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Doesnt take an accountant to figure out that the Richards buyout happening and the cap increasing has zero to do with Lundqvist.

You want to erase Lundqvist's 8-ish million dollar hit and give Corey Crawford $5.5M. A big downgrade.

Im sure that $2.5M and losing Lundqvist is whats going to turn this team from pretender to contender.

Won't even get into how I think your planned team isnt any better than the current roster.
No duh it's a downgrade. Any goalie not named Lundqvist is a down grade.

I am of the belief, and 6 of the last 8 cup winning goalies agrees, that you do not need an elite level goalie to win a cup.

I believe we have one of the better defensive groups in the NHL. It's because of that that I am confident on taking the step back from Hank to Crawford.

While you attribute all of our medicore success to Hank, I attribute the LACK of significant success to our inability to score consistently.

I would gladly take the 2.5 million is savings and apply that towards addressing what has been the teams achillies heel the last few seasons.

If a team is able to score regularly both at ES and on the PP, the need to rely on the goalie to steal games is no longer there.

Lundqvist, as good as he is, has shown time and again that he is un-able to carry the team through the PO's.

He shouldn't have to.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote