View Single Post
Old
08-15-2013, 03:12 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Yes, he had an opportunity in 2013. If he had played well, as an individual, with Boyle and Pyatt, he would've been promoted above that line. He sucked, so he wasn't.

Kreider had zero confidence under Tortorella? What was his problem under Gernander then? He should have gone into 12-13 brimming with confidence. What happened? If he lost his confidence in the AHL before ever getting to Tortorella, then he never should've been handed the spot he was handed.

The entire team was playing scared to make mistakes. That's definitely on Tortorella. It's why I'm glad Tortorella is gone, but it doesn't have anything to do with Kreider specifically. Kreider didn't earn a spot on the team. He didn't earn the right to play with better players. He definitely played his way off it, though.

I need to mention, by the way, that I'm not down on Kreider at all. The way I look at it, that was what Ryan Callahan would've looked like if he spent a large portion of his first season as a pro in the NHL instead of in the AHL. Kreider is a kid. Just because he wasn't ready for the NHL in February doesn't mean he won't be in October.
I don't think you want to bring up an offensive oriented player's performance under Gernander as an argument against the player. I grant you, I was shocked that Kreider didn't pick up more points during that stretch simply due to physical domination - but Gernander's coaching is well established as ****ing poison to offensive creativity in young players.