View Single Post
Old
08-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Jonimaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weklof View Post
This is my latest team, based upon the players selected to the Olympic orientation camp. I included Alfredsson, because I think the only reason he was not invited was that they were uncertain if he would retire or not. Since he is playing next year, he is close to a lock.

Goalies:
Henrik Lundqvist
Viktor Fasth
Jhonas Enroth

Lunqvist will be the starter barring injury. Fasth and Enroth have played well in the national team recently and Mårts is familiar with team. I think they will be the ones going, although I would like to see either Markström or Lehner as the number 3 goalie as "see-and-learn" experience for future Olympics.

Defensemen:
Erik Karlsson - Victor Hedman
Niklas Kronwall (A) - Jonathan Ericsson
Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Niklas Hjalmarsson
Alexander Edler, Henrik Tallinder

Erik Karlsson is of course a lock. I think Mårts will pair him with Hedman, since Mårts seem to really like Hedman and they played together in the WJC when Mårts was the coach. Hedman has a solid defensive game and could compensate for when Karlsson joins the rush. Kronwall will be the veteran precense/leader of the blue line, he will be paired with his Detroit partner Ericsson for chemistry. Ericsson will also be an asset to the PK. Ekman-Larsson and Hjalmarsson will form the last pairing. Hjalmarssons defensive game will be useful on the PK.

Edler will start as a scratch since he's suspended the first to game. He is too good of a defender to leave off the team though. He will have to work his way on the team. Tallinder is included since I wanted a stay-at-home defensemen as a reserve as well. It was between him, Grossmann, Murray and Oduya. I chose Tallinder because of his contribution to the WC-gold last season. He can be a solid veteran presence in the locker room when not playing. Of the players left off, I can see Jonas Brodin making the biggest case for himself in the coming season.

Forwards:
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Loui Eriksson
Johan Franzén - Henrik Zetterberg (C) - Daniel Alfredsson
Gabriel Landeskog (A) - Nicklas Bäckström - Patric Hörnqvist
Carl Hagelin - Patrik Berglund - Alexander Steen
Marcus Johansson, Gustav Nyquist

The Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson line worked really well in the WC. No reason not to keep it. The second line will be the 'Detroit connection'. Franzén and Zetterberg have played really well together in the national team, Alfredsson will benefit from having been on the same team as them the entire year. I think the third line will complement each other perfectly, Bäckström will be the one with holding the puck and dictating the play, Hörnqvist will do some nice work in front of the net and Landeskog will finish. Hörnqvist might get a "Holmström-like" role on the PP. The fourth line will get a bit more defensive duties and Berglund and Steen will be likely PKers.
Landeskog with an A over Sedin, Alfredsson?