View Single Post
08-16-2013, 10:21 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I agree Kreider would be well-utilized in front of the net.

What I disagree about is why he was ineffective last year. Did Torts misuse him? Possibly. Did Kreider show a flat-out unwillingless to engage and get into those tough areas last season? Absolutely.
Kreider engaged physically when he was healthy. He took a shot off the foot in the AHL on the night the NHL lockout was settled. Saturday night/Sunday dawn lockout was settled. He was a scratch for the Sunday afternoon game. Everyone thought it was because of the lockout ending but he hurt his foot. He played with injury until he couldn't play anymore. He was much better after the foot injury. Scored all of the goals in the AHL. Kreider had some good games with the Rangers but it wasn't good enough with Tortorella. Even when Kreider scored the OT goal against Boston,Tortorella said he was happy for Chris but there are some things he needs to work on and he wasn't the only one who needed to work on things. However,those guys were playing when they needed more work on their game. On a team which needed any offense it could get,Kreider wasn't playing. Kreider scored buried a shot underneath the bar against Marty off a feed from Richards. His other regular season goal was off a nice passing play with Richards and DZ. In game 7 against the Caps,Kreider created the Asham goal using his speed to push the Caps back and allowing Asham to skate into the puck and rip it passed Holtby. On the OT goal,Kreider got position on the Bruin defender and deflected the Nash pass passed Rask. Put him with players who can complete a pass. In the Boston series,Kreider was using his size. Tortorella wanted Kreider to be Hagelin. It reminded me when Milbury tried to get Bertuzzi to be Clark Gillies and fight everyone. Milbury even had Gillies speak to Bertuzzi about playing tougher and meaner. That's his game. Bertuzzi escaped the Milbury craziness and had a great career in VAN before the Moore nonsense.