View Single Post
Old
08-16-2013, 10:23 AM
GordonGecko
Coaching Fail

vCash: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I never heard of score big until now. If that is their function, gordon, not sure why the rangers would be using them. secondly, considering the money people get on stubhub and the exchange for these, I too would be leary of anything under face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niinah View Post
I have used ScoreBig without problems for some games last season, it is like a priceline for tickets.
Also not sure why the Rangers would be using it, but it seems to work...
The Rangers would definitely be using them for the lower bowl where many tickets are grossly overpriced, but it wouldn't make too much sense for the cheaper price points. They are exactly like priceline, and teams like the Yankees & Mets have dumped whole sections into it in the past. One guy I know bought Mets tickets and it turns out he couldn't go so he sold them on stubhub (which is integrated with MLB so the teams see all your activity). The next day he got an angry call from his Mets rep telling him he shouldn't be reselling tickets from scorebig, lol (umm WTF!!). Basically teams use it as a way to clear glut without publicly marking down their product. They get tickets from brokers too and probably even individual people.

Teams also use Goldstar and lately even Groupon (desperation)