View Single Post
Old
08-16-2013, 11:38 AM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Players control their own destiny's. If CK was flying all over the ice and creating scoring opportunities while playing responsible defense, he wouldn't have been bounced around.

Blaming Torts is just a crutch. Countless prospects have succeeded under Torts. He gives young players an opportunity. The players themselves determine their fate.

Isn't it ironic how often you find yourself trying to explain your logic, and failing miserably at it?

You've been hyping up Kreider so much that it's gotten to the point where people can't take your opinion on Kreider seriously anymore. Just a few months ago you were arguing with me how Kreider has more value than Stepan..
People complain about my verbosity, but the fact is you force my hand.

Quote:
... If CK was flying all over the ice and creating scoring opportunities while playing responsible defense, he wouldn't have been bounced around. ...
An erroneous opinion, which is less than assuming facts not in evidence.

CK was told to play a controlled game, ergo, he could not be flying all over the ice unless he wanted to defy the coach, and that is especially not a good idea for a rookie player under a control freak coach.

See, right there. That is how you are factually wrong, unless your position is CK was not so instructed and Torts was not a control freak.

Instead of mouthing off negatives to other people to try and make yourself look important or knowledgeable, before you see your arrogance bend, buckle and break on this one, consider being more supportive of freedom of speech of fellow posters who have a difference of opinion, saving me from the need for another dress down like this one which is not preferable and a distasteful last resort.

Quote:
Isn't it ironic how often you find yourself trying to explain your logic, and failing miserably at it?
I am not failing, at least most of the time.
It is a handful of critics like you who want to take your digs. Knock yourself out.
Occasionally I will have to make time with a counter post like this to correct the record.

Like when so many said it was IMPOSSIBLE for JT Miller to be called up, let alone for him to remain a number of weeks, even though that impacted his ELC status.
I am often more correct than you wish to give me credit for.

Even among my detractors, who say I am terrible at trade proposals, which I consider more a matter of perspective, and thus opinion, less fact based, I have been called otherwise a great poster.

Seems you just gotta go there

Quote:
You've been hyping up Kreider so much that it's gotten to the point where people can't take your opinion on Kreider seriously anymore.
Torts obviously slowed CK's status here. He will be, barring injury, most of what I hoped for/predicted, and a proverbial bag of chips to boot. He has already shown flashes of brilliance under handicapped circumstances. When Miller is ready, that will be a high speed line doing well, other combos are also good.

Quote:
Just a few months ago you were arguing with me how Kreider has more value than Stepan..
Immediately before Stepan stepped it up big time --- which I was glad to see as that spurt was somewhat overdue --- that is true.

I again don't recant what was said. Time will ultimately tell.
Clearly CK is way >>>>>>>>>>>> more physically gifted that DS, only better at experience, hockey smarts, and to certain degree vision for passing. Once the shackles are off and CK catches up, eventually that comment by me will ring true.

We shall see.