View Single Post
Old
08-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I agree Kreider would be well-utilized in front of the net.

What I disagree about is why he was ineffective last year. Did Torts misuse him? Possibly. Did Kreider show a flat-out unwillingless to engage and get into those tough areas last season? Absolutely.
Yeah, im not sure I see it the same way as you.

I saw him be tentative, not unwilling to engage...he looked scared to make a mistake, he tried to play everything super conservative...almost the anti-JT Miller who was WAY too aggressive for my liking.

it was kinda weird in that, Kreider would make a mistake and get benched for the rest of the game, Miller would make a mistake and get more ice time...it was tough to understand why each player was getting rewarded or reprimanded for doing basically the same thing, in fact, id say Miller played far worse than Kreider...but thats just me.

Regardless, I agree that Torts takes way too much of the blame for Kreider, and yet no credit at all for developing Stepan, McDonagh, Hagelin, Dubinsky, Anisimov, etc.

Torts was a very good coach, guys have to pay their dues...my only complaint is the way Kreider was handled WHEN COMPARED to the way Miller was handled...I feel like Miller was given way too long of a leash, and was often times abysmal out there.