View Single Post
Old
08-16-2013, 01:54 PM
oilexport

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak City View Post
Belov/Larsen/Grebs could literally be playing at a "decent AHL player" level (and I expect at least one of these guys will be able to play at an NHL level) and still be an upgrade on Whitney in the bottom pairing. Potter significantly outperformed him last year!

Signing Ference also allows us to play Nick Schultz (if he starts the season on the team...) on the bottom pairing, where he's still an effective if overpaid player. The difference between a bottom pairing of Whitney-Potter and N. Schultz-Belov/Grebeshkov/Larsen/Klefbom/Potter is substantial.
Defence is our biggest improvement, although we did not get the big stud back there, our depth and potential is much higher with all these additions. The core D has gotten older as well (which was needed)

The forward group has gotten better as well with the (year older) effect. How can it not as the studs are kids entering the prime years.

Goaltending in my mind is same or weaker but that can change quickly either way. We are putting all our marbles on Dub so lets hope he can come through. He did well last year but Bulin was undervalued in my mind as he was a good positive vet to calm things down. Goalie position is mentally challenging and a mentor who has done it all like Bulin will be missed !!

Still can't believe Dallas can turn us around by himself, he needs help and Bucky and Smith are suspect to me (from past years performance). Acton is another fitness guy (i think) so where is our "systems and tactician" guy. Maybe one of these guys are good at that but I don't know enough about Dallas or Acton to be confident.

oilexport is online now   Reply With Quote