Old
08-16-2013, 03:03 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
At the end of the day, what I want and expect as a fan is that the organization will be run as efficiently as possible. Using 3rd rounders on players who will almost certainly be available later is inefficient and entirely easy to avoid.

As I said, it's a symptom of a larger problem with how the organization views draft picks in the cap era. It's troubling.

Reaching for a goon in the 3rd round when there is still NHL level talent that can be found is just a terrible use of a draft pick and reflects on Homer's bad asset management.
But this is exactly what I am talking about. The information the Flyers had was that he wouldn't be there. Why is your information, from outside sources, more credible than their information, from first hand sources?

You say he would "almost certainly" be available and that there is NHL level talent around (which I assume means you think Ghoul is not)? The Flyers thought otherwise based on their scouting of the players and based on the information they had related to other teams' interest in Ghoulbourne. But your position is that your information...from internet bloggers and what I am sure is at least several minutes of evaluation of Ghoul and the other hundreds of players still available...is more credible and you know which guys are NHL talent better than the Flyers scouts (as do the bloggers, despite the Flyers being one of the better drafting teams of the last decade) and you have better insight as to which teams were and were not interested in him at different points in the draft. I just don't understand this logic.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote