Old
08-16-2013, 04:03 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
You don't know what the Flyers heard, or if we can even trust it. They aren't going to say "Yeah, this guy sucks but we wanted to get the best goon available early on." They're going to do whatever they can to justify that pick.
So if that is what you are saying, please answer the question I have posed several times on this page. What do you think happened when they were drafting? Do you really think that they thought he would be there later and that there were better players available, but they picked this guy anyway? Because if that is what happened, then I agree, that is terrible asset management and all should be fired.

But surely you aren't saying that a room full of Flyers scouts and management didn't think a player was worth a pick, but picked him anyway? Is that what you are saying?

Homer: There are plenty of guys available right now that have a real shot at the NHL who won't be here at our next pick. But this Ghoul guy really intrigues me. I know he isn't very good, and I know he will be available, but let's pick him!

Scout: That makes sense. I agree he isn't good and can be signed after the draft, but let's take him now because we are stupid.

Homer: Yup, let's do it.

Is that about how it plays out in your head? Or do you maybe think that they liked him more than other players and had information that said he wouldn't be there later? Nah, that would be crazy. I'm a Homer-loving sheep and he is too stupid to do that!

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote