Old
08-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
So if that is what you are saying, please answer the question I have posed several times on this page. What do you think happened when they were drafting? Do you really think that they thought he would be there later and that there were better players available, but they picked this guy anyway? Because if that is what happened, then I agree, that is terrible asset management and all should be fired.

But surely you aren't saying that a room full of Flyers scouts and management didn't think a player was worth a pick, but picked him anyway? Is that what you are saying?

Homer: There are plenty of guys available right now that have a real shot at the NHL who won't be here at our next pick. But this Ghoul guy really intrigues me. I know he isn't very good, and I know he will be available, but let's pick him!

Scout: That makes sense. I agree he isn't good and can be signed after the draft, but let's take him now because we are stupid.

Homer: Yup, let's do it.

Is that about how it plays out in your head? Or do you maybe think that they liked him more than other players and had information that said he wouldn't be there later? Nah, that would be crazy. I'm a Homer-loving sheep and he is too stupid to do that!
I've already answered your question a few times. I think they usual thing happened: they saw a goon and they overvalued him, like they have for years and years. They made a mistake. It's that simple.

That's the problem...not that they determined he sucked and drafted him anyways; I don't know where you're getting that garbage. The problem is that, by all sources available to us, from the pre-draft guides put together by professional scouts to Goul himself, there was no good reason to take him in the 3rd round. As I've said, it's indicative of a flawed mindset.