Thread: Prospect Info: Flyers actual 2013 draft rankings
View Single Post
Old
08-16-2013, 10:34 PM
tymed

vCash: 500
Just tossing it out there but a buddy of mine gets season tickets to the Rockets every year. The pick was admittedly a reach but Goul is a huge fan favorite out in Kelowna and also extremely popular with teammates.

My best comparison is ofcourse Rinaldo, whom I was very happy to see us pick (albeit Zac was a 6th vs. Goul at 3rd). With the departure of Downie I was really waiting for us to snag another guy like that. Now that Rinaldo has taken his career tot he next level and graduated to a big league role, I am just as pleased that we've replaced him within our system with Tyrell.

Gouls an absolute beast to have to drop the gloves with and hits like a train. doubling his offensive production upto 27 in 64 is nothing to twist your panties up about but for that type of player I think its great.

Consensus seems to be that we are happy to have a prospect like him but that we reached way too far to grab him. In the end, im satisfied with this pick and see him living up to it's value. Rinaldo has lived up to a 3rd imho.

I wouldnt group this pick in with the guys like Mathers and Klotz. In the new NHL i'll take upside issues over skating and coordination issues any draft day in this respect.

Last edited by tymed: 08-16-2013 at 10:40 PM.
tymed is offline   Reply With Quote