View Single Post
Old
08-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Are we improved? Yes. I don't see how anyone can say otherwise. How much have we improved? Better top 6, an actual defensive shutdown C, improved top 4 on the back end, improved D depth and improved coaching (though there's no tangible proof of a coaching improvement, I think most feel that way).

Were areas left unaddressed? Yes. Our grit and size is a big concern, especially considering the Division we play in. Our organizational depth at C is quite poor (if Nuge misses any considerable amount of time it will be ugly). We also lack a true top pairing defender, but that could be said for many teams and is a tough asset to obtain.

One thing that should work in our favour is the realignment and playoff format. Detroit and Columbus out, Winnipeg in. And that should be our focus - the crossover spot - because I don't see us ahead of LA, VAN, SJ or ANH. CHI and STL should be locks, then after that it gets interesting, but for arguments sake I like WPG in that 3rd spot. So, our competition for the crossover spot is DAL, MIN, NSH, COL, PHX and CGY. Is there a single team in that group that we shouldn't be able to beat out? I think our PP will be the difference maker if our PK and 5on5 can float around middle of the pack.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote