View Single Post
Old
08-18-2013, 09:56 AM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
Something would have to be added to those too to be worth a 1st but I would definitely trade Gionta at the deadline if we are out of playoff contention.

Gionta(some salary retained) and Leblanc for a 1st.
Moen for a 3rd.
Desharnais for a 2nd and 5th.

Those seem like pretty reasonable deadline deals. If Gaustad got a 1st a few years back then so can Gionta and Leblanc.
It's certainly doesn't do justice to the GM or the players that are earning $5mil and $3.8 mil a year and their fans don't see their worth. It's a good thing the other GM's see it and understand why! Take time to actually watch these players during the game, even if it means losing the flow of the game. Then a proper viewpoint can be achieved and worth established, besides Gionta being our Captain, intangibles you don't notice on TV.

Anyway I call em as I see em, and it's my belief that the Habs have to bring an influx of our young prospects very soon. That means breaking up some of the team, not a nice position for the GM but it's a business and players are well paid. I could be blowing smoke up yer arse, but sooner or later these moves need to be made. This year's draft means some players could be seeing time in the NHL by 2016/2017, depending on the players drafted.

Ehlers, Ritchie and Schmaltz are three I think could be available in the #10-30 area of the Draft hopefully, it's early yet. If life was ideal the Habs would have every second pick starting with the first pick obviously. Not that everyone realizes there is no bias here, with the first pick the Habs will take Connor McDavid of yeah that's next year.