View Single Post
Old
08-18-2013, 12:20 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
One thing about him I've noticed he tends to wear down by the time the playoffs come, he needs better conditioning, also his hip is his weak spot, he needs to protect it more if possible
He didn't wear down, and his conditioning is quite good. He had a hernia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
This one of the single most inaccurate statements ever posted here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Marc Staal was selected to the All-Star team when he was 23. Del Zotto is not better than him at the same age.
No, Staal was selected to the All-Star team when he was 24. Two years older than Del Zotto was last season (MDZ was 22 last season). Staal's 22/23 year old seasons were his 08/09 and 09/10 seasons where he was trying to add offense and his defense suffered as a result. Seriously, were you guys around during those seasons? Staal didn't really become the Staal we know until about halfway through 09/10. He didn't really start adding offense until last year. Don't revise history just because it suits you. Staal is one of my favorite Rangers, but he didn't pop onto the ice as a finished/fully developed player. He had his struggles. The only one of our D that didn't have a lengthy development curve has been McDonagh--that's what makes McD so impressive to me.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote