View Single Post
Old
08-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Sheeshta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
The fact that you are completely dismissive of the impact coaching has on cumulative numbers like this is baffling to say the least.
I'm not dismissive at all. Krueger was an atrociously bad coach, and if he was replaced by a great, proven NHL coach it'd be something I'd find worth mentioning when trying to make intelligent predictions, the way that Perron is a proven improvement over MPS, the way that Ference is a proven improvement over, say, Corey Potter.

However, the Oilers hired a rookie who has no track record, so there's no data to look at. The Oilers were a profoundly bad team last year (that were helped to the poor finish they did achieve with a +1000 PDO) that have improved demonstrably in very few areas, and dramatically in none.

I totally get the allure of wanting to believe we'll be better. I get that people are expecting J. Schultz and Yak to be leaps better than they were last season. People had the same expectation of Nuge in his sophomore year and it didn't happen. You can't rely on "the kids getting better" to dramatically improve this team.

Last edited by Sheeshta: 08-18-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Sheeshta is offline   Reply With Quote