View Single Post
Old
08-19-2013, 01:52 AM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I was trying to figure out the potential depth chart for the Bulldogs. Unless I am missing someone, it looks like LW is a weak position with only Quailer and Courtnall signed. I'm not sure of the status of Kyle Hagel. It might mean that Nystrom will have a better than average shot at making the team.

It might also mean that Bergevin will be keeping his eyes open for a veteran free agent. Anyone have thoughts on Josh Brittain and Chad Wiseman. I realize they may not be outstanding players but they would bring some size and experience to the Dogs.

EDIT: I see that Brittain signed with Hershey
Nick Tarnasky is a LW and can produce offence even in the NHL, while a proficient pugilist he's not completely void of hockey skill. The Bulldogs will actually have a few decent players that are capable of scoring this season.

They can skate with the other teams and adding Andrighetto, Duffy, Thomas and St. Pierre to the existing "Sultans on Skates" Bournival, Holland, Leblanc and Naatinen they have the makings of a Top Nine. Blunden, Fournier, Quailer and Tarnasky makes twelve with either experience or offensive skills with serious aspirations of becoming an NHLer.

Courtnall, Chaput, McAuley and Nystrom round out the forwards vying for the chance of being a Bulldog. Nystrom has the inside track on the 13th forward with Chaput possibly edging out anyone that's not ready at the drop of a glove.

My favorite of course will be Justin Courtnall, Rusty's nephew and Geoff's son, from beautiful Victoria, B.C., good family and great people. Everybody's pulling for Justin out here in Victoria, bloodlines give him the best chance and Russ was a great Hab in his day.