View Single Post
08-19-2013, 12:15 PM
eco's bones
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
if this team has a healthy staal and the other returning dmen are also healthy.

thats a pretty good top 6 right there. im ok with that group although i still think another vet dman with some snarl woudlnt hurt.

mdz's problem is purely a numbers game. hes clearly the weakest or one of the 2 weakest defensively. hes the worst skater and his ineptitude on the pp, specifically his wet noodle shot, is gonna make it tough on him to get top offensive minutes.

its very tough to be an "offensive" dman in this league and skate in mud like he does. its also just as hard to be a solid 2 way guy and skate like he does. he lacks recovery ability and thats bad.

im just not a huge mike fan when hes playing top minutes. hes a decent guy who can carry the play and make some heady passes. beyond that, hes scare me.
McDonagh and Moore can both get caught on a pinch and get back in position with most players in the league. Del Zotto does not have that extra gear. If he's caught it's all on Henrik. I really think his size and strength are issues at times too. He just doesn't have enough to handle a real power forward which is why he's not out there against the leagues best forwards--whereas in the past Leetch who had similar size had greater mobility and a better intuitiveness of where a play was going and could offset size and strength issues. The other thing is I think Leetch was always all business--DZ strikes me more as still a kid.

DZ simply to get to the next step has to find a way to up his production. To me that's his only path forward to more ice time.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote