View Single Post
Old
08-19-2013, 02:20 PM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

vCash: 500
Quote:
“If we can find a solution, it’s no secret that this is where I want to be; I’m not thinking about free agency at all,” said Lundqvist, who hit the ice with a half-dozen teammates after returning to New York from Sweden on Sunday. “The way the organization has treated me, the way that our team has played over the last few years, the way I feel about New York City, this is definitely the place I want to be.

“But we do have a few things we have to talk about.”
Quote:
“Ideally, of course it would be nice to have everything in place by the time the season starts [on Oct. 3], but at the same time, it’s not a must,” Lundqvist said. “My agent [Don Meehan] is going to be handling it all until I have to be involved at the end, so I am going to be able to focus mentally on playing without the contract being a distraction.
Quote:
Brad Richards, Rick Nash, Dan Girardi, Michael Del Zotto, Mats Zuccarello and Derek Dorsett were also on the ice. Richards has spent much of the last month skating at rink in Connecticut with a number of NHL players including Marty St. Louis.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...uxu8FMmFR2GgrO

Brooks wrote Lundqvist will likely earn $8.25M-$9.5M per on an eight year extension