View Single Post
Old
08-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Sheeshta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
It sure sounded like it! I don't know why you would project RNH's offence last season based upon an average of his first two seasons. The way that you were talking about him (e.g. "falling off a cliff") seemed to imply that you were blaming things on a sophomore slump rather than injury.

RNH did great 5v5 in his defensive duties, which is remarkable given how much the centres had to carry defensively.
Not at all. His cratered production was obviously a result of playing hurt.

All I'm saying is that when trying to gauge how improved the team is you have to take into account that it's not a given (as we have literally seen with Eberle and RNH) that production will not increase linearly season over season, specifically because these players are a) inexperienced and b) as prone to injury as any other player.

My only argument is that the way to improve the team is by establishing depth at key positions. Eberle, Nuge and Hall being dominant will help, but not much. We need real, actual NHL players at all of the other positions if the team's going to be more than a spot or two better.

Sheeshta is offline   Reply With Quote