View Single Post
Old
08-19-2013, 04:54 PM
billybudd
1for the other thumb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33 View Post
And what was the context of your "a good big man will beat a good small man" quote? That's right! In the context of a discussion of whether bigger equals stronger! Sorry, but you can twist and change context and try to divert the discussion into channels unrelated to your hearts content but it doesn't refute my premise that size doesn't equal strength. Nor does it alter the fact the "good big man beats....." saying is a cliche that's been shown false over and over again throughout the course of boxing history.
You are all over the place.

Tyson beating Razor Ruddock didn't have anything to do with being stronger.

In addition, the maxim in question is comparing fighters of comparable skill at their craft. Ruddock and Tyson did not have comparable skill at their craft. Hence it says "a good big man will always beat a good small man," not a "pretty good big man will always beat a great small man."

And finally, nowhere did I say there weren't exceptions, even if Tyson vs Ruddock is not one of them. In fact, I specifically said there were exceptions.

And, looping back to Howe, it might interest you that your example of a small guy being stronger than a larger guy, wrong as it is, compares two fighters who are closer in mass than Howe was to the majority of the players on the other teams.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote