View Single Post
Old
08-19-2013, 08:44 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
You seriously think a 35-40 pt two way defenseman is a "waste of a roster spot"? I don't care about the context of the debate, that's a ridiculous claim.
I am dead serious. If a team has no offensive threat from the back line they are playing at a severe disadvantage in today's game.

You can blame Krug's performance on poor coaching if you want, but no Ranger D could have done the same if confronted with the same system.

While Chara's defensive game has declined, his offensive game is still better than any Rangers counterpart. They also have Hamilton who looks like he might become a good one.

If the Rangers didn't already have Staal, Girardi, and McD, MDZ would be an okay option. With those players being here, MDZ has to produce offense, or no one will.

I do believe that McD might become that, though, and if he does, he will be a player that would be difficult to trade for any defenseman in the entire league.

Maybe MDZ will become that, but so far he is a disappointment. Anyone who saw him a few years ago assumed he would have become more of a force by now. Maybe under a new system, he will become that. If he doesn't, he should be sent elsewhere for something of more value to the team.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote