View Single Post
Old
11-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Demogod*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
It's funny how if someone attends an Ivy league school (on a hockey scholarship, no less) they are automatically percieved a genius when in fact, Yale's undergraduate programs are really not much better academically than lots of schools. The real difference is the quality of facilities due to funding, and fees. If someone attended an Ivy league school for a graduate program, then they are definitely very intelligent.

I'm not saying that he's not smart, I'm just trying to dispel the false assumption that everyone who gets in to an Ivy-league school is the smartest person in the world. I know several people who were accepted (only one attended though), and they aren't really much smarter than most people.
Your missing the point. While attending an Ivy you are exposed to the smartest people and expected to follow their rigor. Like training a rookie these kids are first round picks that have a choice not to join the best training program for whatever reason. Too bad they'll regret the choice.

The undergraduate programs are as different as the quality of their professors. Ivy professors have turned down working at "lots of schools" to get the best in the world.

There is a HUGE difference between the quality and purpose between them.

It's kind of like a poor person saying money doesn't matter while starving. It does.

Demogod* is offline   Reply With Quote