View Single Post
Old
08-20-2013, 04:58 AM
RangerBoy
#JTwokeup

vCash: 500
Henrik Lundqvist doesn't waste much time getting back into action. He was at an event with Andy Murray last night across the street from the Garden. Murray was promoting a tennis match to be played at the Garden in March. He is also in town for the U.S. Open which starts on Monday.

Quote:
Lundqvist opted to not discuss his preferred length of a potential new contract or dollar amount on Monday. But he did add that, "there's more to just money in this," adding that it matters who surrounds the King in the Rangers' kingdom in years to come.
The guy eats up Manhattan.

Quote:
"As a group, it's always enthusing to see what a new coach can do,'' he said. "But for me as a goalie, it doesn't really change; I approach the game the same way. With the guys we have right now, I think we are in the right direction and I'm anxious to get back on the ice."
Quote:
Assistant general manager Jeff Gorton told reporters earlier this month, "Henrik wants to be here and we want Henrik. At the end of the day, it shouldn't be too difficult to get a deal."

With a look toward the direction of Madison Square Garden, Lundqvist seemingly agreed with Gorton's assessment of the situation.

"I love it here, I really do," said Lundqvist, who lives in Manhattan. "There's a few things we have to discuss, but like I keep telling everyone, I've had such a great time in New York with the way the fans have treated me and with the challenge to be here, I just love that part. We'll see what happens but it will be fun to stay."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...king-1.5921354