Old
08-20-2013, 09:10 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I could see how not being overly picky and having a low walk rate could lead someone to say he lacks pitch recognition. Sounds like a similar approach to the one Revere has, just swing at everything near the plate. I'd still would like to see him in September, but I'm not sure how the 40 man roster works. Can they just take someone off and put him on it?
I think you can take someone off, but they are designated for assignment (which means they can be claimed off irrevocable waivers). If they clear then its NBD, but if they are claimed they are gone for good. Not sure who is "expendable" on the 40 man roster at this point, but I don't know if I would risk losing a player just to see a guy play in 20 games or so (especially when you have Asche there now trying make a name for himself at third base). But if there is a guy that is going to be let go anyway, then rock on and bring up the youth!

EDIT: Looking at the Phillies 40 man roster, I'd be fine with them ditching Michael Martinez or John McDonald. Other than that I wouldn't want to see anyone else designated for assignment and risk losing them.

Last edited by DrinkFightFlyers: 08-20-2013 at 09:16 AM.