View Single Post
Old
08-20-2013, 11:29 AM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Nope they aren't running it for free, and they provide insurance on both sides of the transaction. But when you're talking a 25% markup (it's actually 79% on the cheapest MLB tickets), it takes away pretty much all of a seller's margin for all events except the highest demand ones. They should be collecting a fee, but 25% is insane and it's going to cost them a lot of business since it's so much in your face now with everything packed into the listed price.

If I do buy extras, like you said I shouldn't have a problem finding a buyer but it won't be through stubhub. I'll probably offer them up on craigslist or on here

Interesting, sounds like the same process as the Rangers upgrade round at the Garden in the offseason. The Yankees use the same 3D visualizer as the rangers (yankees.io-media.com), so I'm pretty sure we'll be using the same seat selection tools and will only be able to see inventory for the same relative price tiers as our current season seats
It's actually less than the team ticket exchanges. They charge 10% to seller and 17% to buyer.