View Single Post
Old
08-20-2013, 07:05 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I don't really see that. Poti had a lanky build, and was master of the poke check. He played a different sort of game to me. He didn't seem to have any physical edge to his game either.

John Moore reminds me a lot more of Ryan McDonagh. He has the same slick skating, a similar build, he can be physical but you don't really look at him as an overly physical crease clearer. He can make some plays offensively, but he's never going to be Erik Karlsson or Brian Leetch. I'm not saying that he'll be as good as McDonagh, but I think he'll develop into a similar player style wise. I'd say he becomes a 2nd pairing 30ish points type of guy.
Hence why I said Moore as a more aggressive Tom Poti. Very similar skating styles with a very soft touch on the puck.

McD is built like a tank and that's why he has that nick name. The guys lower body is as as solid as they come which contributes to his stellar 2-way game, not so much the case with Moore. McD is fast but his skating is not as soft and smooth as a Moore or Poti, while Moore doesn't have that lower body physique you see with McD.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote