Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART VII
View Single Post
Old
08-20-2013, 07:32 PM
scott99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Just listening to Oilers Now on CHED, guest was new Oil Kings GM Randy Mancsh (Bob Green took a job with the Oilers).Good amount of Reinhart talk.

Mancsh recently talked to Snow who says that camp decides what to do with Griff. Mancsh told Snow that if Reinhart returns to Edmonton, he will be the one counted on both offensively and defensively as the clear top guy on the D.

Interesting that the style of game Griff plays was compared to Serge Savard. Don't know how many of you are old enough to have seen him play in the 60-70"s but he was a great player. Savard was considered a big defenseman at the time but rarely hit, angling players for the most part. He could he been more offensive but with what Montreal had at the time it was not needed of him. The comparison comes from the poise, no panic, just about mistake free game Savard played and doing those subtle little things that can make such a difference.

Interesting style comparison, if Griff becomes half the player Savard was he is going to help the Islanders win games.

The host of the show Oilers radio color man Bob Stauffer is one who believes that an extra year of junior will be good for Griff as it was foe Alex Pietrangelo.
This is really interesting stuff about Reinhart Rex, thanks for posting it. You're right about Serge Savard, if Reinhart can be half the player Savard was, it'll be a great draft choice. I remember Savard just being an incredible defender with ridiculously perfect defensive positioning, not the highest scoring D-man but usually put up ok stats, but his defensive play put him in the Hall Of Fame. He was always thought of being one of the "Big 3" on defense with Larry Robinson and Guy Lapointe. I always thought Reinhart reminded me of Ken Morrow. If he could wind up somewhere between Morrow and Savard, we have ourselves a defensive star.