View Single Post
Old
11-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Little Nilan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I'm still not sure you're right though... Last season Julien continually started Theodore...and when he finally got tired of it and decided to play Huet, he was fired (though that's not the reason he was fired for)... What does Gainey do the first game he becomes coach? Starts Theodore. He kept him as our number 1 for a few games till he realized how bad he was and started Huet.

Carbo has a better relationship with Gainey though, so I hope he won't just try to make him look good by keeping Niinimaa in the top 6 as Julien did with Theo for so long last season.
Well, this is speculation on my part, but Carbo is Gainey's man and I personally haven't seen enough good things from Streit to say that he's a clear cut better player then Niinimaa. They both have some major holes to their games, Striet can't contain forwards along the boards and Niinimaa has a knack at making dangerous plays. I was serious though, when I talked about Niinimaa's work ethic, he might not be a skilled player, but he doesn't give up neither along the boards or on plays. That's a good quality to have. He gets a bad reputation from making turnovers, but he does an adequate job as a 6th defencemen. So does Streit mind you.

That said, Bouillon and Dandenault will make the defence significantly better.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote