View Single Post
Old
11-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
I agree...he was my favourite player and I thought people had forgotten about him. He would score 50 goals then follow it up with a 25 goal season. The very next year he scored 51 goals followed by a 31 goal season, I believe. I remember it like it was yesterday. There were a lot of rumours that he was homosexual, but I didn't want to believe it. He had great chemistry on a line with Shayne Corson and Brian Skrudland.

I also remember after that 50 goal season people were saying he was lucky to get 50. I believe he scored a hat trick his very last game of the season versus Hartford in order to hit 50.

After a dismal 25 goal season he proved the critics wrong and scored 51 so there was no mistake he was a 50 goal man. He was also a very strong player. I remember he had a defenseman on him and he had one hand on the stick going to the net with the puck and wristed it top shelf. I've never seen strength like that before with one hand, not even from Mario Lemieux.

Richer, back in those days, was neck and neck with Cam Neely in the goals department where Cam Neely eventually beat him with 55 goals, I think.

I was sad to see him go, but we got Kirk Muller who I wasn't totally sold on simply because I didn't know enough about him. Muller soon became my new favourite player and then I cried when he was traded.
HAHAHA, ***...That is the most random sentence in the paragraph...yet it's the one that sticks out the most.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote