View Single Post
Old
08-21-2013, 10:08 AM
hartfordyourmyhome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
It's not obvious at all. Sure, it's a possibility, but let's not act like it's a given. Could a three year deal with two one-year options have been made in case MSG did win the Nassau bid? Absolutely. With that out the window, Hartford still remains an option.

And local legislation recently just approved $35 million in XL Center upgrades. Global Spectrum was selected because they promise to use some of their own funds to improve the XL Center.

I don't understand what having five teams in the area has to do with anything. And Amtrak runs from Hartford to New York City. It's pretty easy to get there.

Like I said, the AHL is rather unpredictable. I wouldn't call anything a given. They could move, but it's not insane to believe they could also stay.
Exactly, this is all speculation. The most likely scenario of who moves to Bridgeport if the Sound Tigers leave is the ECHL hockey team they just affiliated with this season. The Stockton Thunder are the most likely candidate to move to Bridgeport IF the Sound Tigers do in fact move to LI.