View Single Post
Old
08-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Byrddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I still think Wilson will be a center and hold out hope still for Smith. It's funny how the crowd has turned on Smith. If he adds strength he's a player.
Other than a short stint Smith has not shown nothing to indicate he is a serviceable NHL player. In fact he has taken a downward spiral. With increased ice time last season he was outperformed badly. Spaling was better even SK. As a young defenseman Josi had more goals and assists. Rich Clune had the same number of goals and 3 less a total points. Hali had one more goal than Smith and 1 less point. If anyone thinks that Smith will get a bigger role under this system now your going to be disappointed. The lone bright spot Smith had was in the shootout, but as a one trick pony its hard to imagine he is retained. I feel sure that DP has shopped him and has had no takers, he would unload him for a pick most likely at this point. The one way 2 mil contract has bit the front office in the butt. Everyone thinks Spaling will the be the one left out but in my thinking its going to be Smith. Spaling will have a spot otherwise they would not have signed him.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote