View Single Post
Old
08-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
In all honesty we don't need much do we? I'd think if he's brought in there is a good chance that he loses the job at some point. Or one should hope anyways.

The one thing Gregor did touch on is bringing in a 4th C means he's a a 4th C and that's it. Need to try target something that maybe can help fill a bigger void if injuries do occur. Hence why maybe a Wellwood is a better fit or Connolly or whatever else is there.

Although if it were up to me I would've tried to bring both types. A proven #4 and a then a question mark center that could play throughout your lineup if injuries happen. Did it with the defense, so not sure why we didn't do it with the most important forward position.
Well I can see, to an extent, where the Organization is coming from with Lander. At the AHL level, he's proven what he can, and if not for a broken foot, would have had a shot last year. The team wants to know what it has in this player in at the NHL level, so this is his "shot". My guess is if he can't hack it he'll be sent down and moved on.

As for Reasoner, I don't disagree the Oilers don't "need" much, but if he can't kill penalties any more, if he's lost a step, he's not going to be of much help.